Thursday 22 August 2013

Sandwich Bag Marble Again!

 This Time a Vampy Gradient :)

After my last mani (here)  I was very excited about the sandwich bag marble technique. I think I mentioned that I was keen to try a gradient using the same method.
And I just couldn't wait!
Make sure you scroll down for a tutorial =D


I think the sandwich bag marble creates a much more interesting gradient than the normal sponging technique. 
I didn't have much luck capturing all the swirlyness of the colours mixing together on camera so you will just have to trust me =)



The polishes I used were:
China Glaze: Hey Sailor (bright red)
OPI: Kennebunk Port (Deep red)
Revitanail: Port wine (Metallic deep red)....mmmm Port
and OPI: Lincoln Park After Dark (Dark Purple -pretty much black!)


I think having a small amount of metallic polish really makes this marbling gradient pop! It looks amazing in the sunlight :)




I was feeling creative and edited my photos to only show the red ..  What do you think?




And here is the tutorial I have been promising forever. It seemed appropriate for the Halloween season and Bloom.com (Bloom beauty trends) kindly asked me if I wanted to write a blog post or tutorial for them :)



Notice I forgot to take a picture before I cleaned up... Don't worry- I'm not that neat!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Chanfie
xx

5 comments:

  1. Really like this and will try it for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tutorial.its helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found your blog and I love your nail designs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)