Thursday 16 January 2014

Decals made from MoYou London Explorer 03 (again!)

The third plate in the MoYou London explorer collection practically screams to be made into decals.... it's pretty much a colouring in book for your nails! If you haven't seen my 'how to make your own nail decals' tutorial please click the link! Basically the technique allows you to neatly colour in sections of a nail stamp. I have previously made deals with the plate (here) and couldn't wait to try it again!


 Now I was a little bit lazy and only did 4 nails, but I quite liked the look, it allowed the Pastel purple polish (China Glaze Sweet Hook) to be shown off :)

The polishes used in the decal were:
Konad stamping black
OPI: Uh oh roll down the window (green)
Essie Raspberry (self explanatory colour there!)
Silver: Essie No Place Like Chrome. I actually used a dotting tool to dot the inside of the petals. It's subtle in the picture but really added another dimension! 


I hope you have enoyed this post and these nails! I sure did like them =D

Chanfie
xx

18 comments:

  1. I completely agree about Explorer 03...perfect for coloring in! I have used it three time already and they have all been the same image. I have great plans for the others :)

    PS...thanks for the great decal tutorial. I always tell people to come to you for the info. -@McPolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they have all been amazing <3
      Thanks for always referencing me! xx

      Delete
  2. Gosh! That's perfect!:) You're so talented!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg AMAZING! This is so awesomeeee.. so jealous :O

    xo Maddy | spilledpolish

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! The colours are gorgeous and this handmade decal idea is so good! I don't think I'd have the patience for it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not being lazy...its called "accent nails" I do that all the time :) Loved the decals, the silver dots really add something special

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      Accent nails are a girls best friend!

      Delete
  6. Hi Chanfie! These are simply stunning! Wow. Just posted my last post on DIY stamping nail decals. I referenced your blog. Thank again for the inspiration... Sorry my decals look a lot like yours. We are in love with the same plate! Next time I'll try and use another one...I said I'll try wink wink. I also used Essie's Mirror Metallics collection. Chromes are great for these decals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look beautiful! I love the colors, and your decals look perfect :D Sweet Hook is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell me how you get your nail clean-up to look as fabulous as it does! You are extremely talented and I love looking at your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hamirah,
      I'm so glad you have been enjoying my work! To clean up my nails I use a small, stiff, angled eyeliner brush dipped in pure acetone to sweep around the edges of the polish and make everything neat. If there is a lot of mess on my cuticles I will use a q-tip/cotton bud before this step to speed things up :)

      The brush I use is by eco-tools (the angled eyeliner). After a while the acetone will break down the glue holding the bristles in. I use a small amount of nail glue after every 10 or so uses to re-seal the bristles in so this doesn't happen.

      Hope this helps!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Please tell me how you nail clean-up looks impeccable??? what do you use? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, such a neat design and I love how clear and detailed the photos are!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)